In our experience, polished surface worktops do not require any treatment with sealants when they are used indoors. We recommend that quartz worktops are washed with soap and warm water, using only non-abrasive cleaning products. Although quartz is not completely heat resistant, it can withstand temporary hot temperatures which may occur whilst cooking in kitchen. It is for this reason that we recommend the use of trivets, whenever possible, in order to prevent damage to the surface of a quartz worktop. Quartz surfaces from our Starlight range containing mirror flecks are not heat resistant. Accordingly, we do not recommend that hot objects are placed on these surfaces, even temporarily.
LunaStone has a Guarantee. However these guidelines always need to be followed to maintain your LunaStone work surface.
- Our work surfaces have a high heat resistance in comparison with other stone worktops. However, a trivet/worktop board are always to be used for chopping/hot pans. Never place anything warm/hot directly on the surface.
- LunaStone is durable and non-porous therefore no sealant is required making it easier to maintain compared to other solid stone work surfaces.
- LunaStone worktops can burn/stain if heat is applied directly. The guarantee does not cover discoloration marks.
- Food staining can occur and worktop saver should be used always to combat possible stains.
- Our work surfaces can be used as kitchen worktops, bar tops, vanity units, bath surrounds, wall cladding, splash-backs, coffee tables and almost any other surface area.
- This engineered stone is 93% raw quartz mixed with other materials such as resins, polymers and dyes which contribute to deliver a durable and non-scratch surface.
- LunaStone requires simple cleaning with a damp cloth using gentle non-bleach products meaning it is easy to maintain. Only gentle products like hot- soapy water are recommended. (Do not use bleach/silicone/ammonia based cleaning products).
- Only use soft dish cloths or fabrics to clean. Abrasive sponges such as steel based pads are not recommended as it may graze the surface.
- It has a uniform colour unlike other work surfaces providing consistency in colour and pattern.
- LunaStone is a quartz based work surface making it less likely for damage to occur.
- LunaStone work surfaces should be wiped down immediately after use.
- LunaStone can match many of the well-known generic quartz stone colours.
- Remove spillage/food substances immediately to avoid possible staining.
- Never stand on your LunaStone work surface.
- LunaStone work surfaces should not have heat directly on the surface.
Please always follow these guidelines. The guarantee does not cover for discoloration/staining/heat applied marks. Charges apply regarding staining/heat burns and workmanship. Guidelines are written by Lunastone and are subject to change without notice
With your selection of Arenastone for your worktops you have chosen a material with unique qualities. In order to ensure that you benefit from these qualities, we have prepared some care and maintenance guidelines.
The only maintenance required is regular damp wiping with clean, warm, diluted, neutral detergent to remove surface spillages. If substances such as red wine, beetroot, curry sauce etc has dried out on the surface, and will not remove with a damp cloth,
then use a small amount of Pulito and Astonish. Both Pulito and Astonish re available from AMB Interiors upon request. Astonish should always be used with a spray of water or Pulito, never dry.Concentrated products such as washing up liquid will build up on the surface creating
a film which sits on the surface of the stone. It is important if using washing up liquid tha it is very diluted to avoid smears and film building up over a period of time as this film may result in cup and glass rings becoming apparent in the surface film. (Imagine what
windows would be like if wiped frequently with concentrated washing up liquid – the windows would be dull and smeared – the same applies to your quartz tops). Honed or velvet finish need much more attention. The velvet process means the
product may need an application of P147 surface treatment. Even then the stone will how wet or greasy marks as the contrast between the matt finish and the water or grease is much more apparent. It is important when choosing velvet finish that you make your decision with this
important fact in mind. Spillages of wine, oils and acidic substances such as vinegar should always be wiped clean immediately. Hot pans from the cooker should not be placed on the Arenastone surface. Although
Arenastone is heat resistant it is not heat proof, therefore the use of a trivet is recommended. We do not recommend that Arenastone is used as a cutting surface and always
recommend the use of a chopping board. Arenastone is non porous, it will retain its surface finish without polishing and does not require sealing or waxing.
Radianz Quartz Surfaces require simple maintenance. Because Radianz Quartz is comprised of high quality natural quartz and advanced polymers, it is durable, scratch resistant, non-porous, and resists stains. The product does not require sealants or waxes and meets stringent sanitation requirements for restaurants and kitchen surfaces.
Although Radianz® is more heat resistance than most surfaces around the home, all stone
products can be damaged by sudden and extreme temperature changes, especially near the edges.
For this reason, always use a hot pad or a trivet with rubber feet to protect Radianz®.
Radianz® is substantially harder than natural stone and is highly resistant to scratching. However, avoid damage by
refraining from using knives, screw drivers and other sharp objects directly on the surface. Never cut or chop directly
on a Radianz® surface, always use a cutting/chopping board when preparing foods.
- → Lightly scrub surface in a small circular motion with a wet sponge and an abrasive cleanser such as Soft Scrub® over stain or scratch. Darker colors tend to require more attention than lighter colors. Scrubbing too aggressively may actually reduce the gloss level.
- - Avoid using cleaners that contain bleach or an abrasive formula.
- - Avoid using cleaners that contain Pine Oil – without very through rinsing, these products may leave behind a stubborn residue. The pine oil will attract and holds dirt on the surface, eventually reducing the cleanliness of the surface and affecting its appearance.
- - Avoid using highly aggressive cleaning agents such as oven/grill cleaners and dishwater polishing agents that have high alkaline/pH levels (pH 8.5 or higher).
- - Avoid using abrasive scrubs and cleaners that contain either soft or hard abrasive particles.
- - Avoid using cleaners that contain xylene, toluene, potassium hydroxide or caustic soda.
- - Avoid exposing Radianz® to strong chemicals such as paint removers, furniture strippers containing trichlorethane or methylene chloride.